THIS BLOG WAS SET UP TO CHRONICLE OUR ADVENTURES IN MÉXICO & GUATEMALA IN 2010.

Mike and I explored the Mexican Yucatán Peninsula for 2 weeks of flyfishing (Mike), diving (Stacey), snorkeling, Maya ruins, a colonial city, cenotes, quite a few hammocks and lots of great food.

When Mike flew home I headed to San Cristóbal de las Casas in Chiapas for 2 weeks of Spanish study with a small group in tow. We lived with host families and visited area sights including villages, museums, and ruins.

When the group flew home I bused to San Pedro La Laguna on Lake Atitlán in Guatemala for a week of planning for future growth of the Beca Project (link below) and meeting our sponsored kids and their families.

When our daughter Mariah and her husband Greg invited us to share a timeshare in Quintana Roo between Christmas and New Years, a new chapter to this blog was added. HAPPY TRAILS!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Transition Back to Mexico, Heading Home


Today I rose early, said quick goodbyes to my host family, and hopped in a minivan heading west into Mexico in advance of my Sunday flight home. The photo above was my last view of San Pedro in the distance as we drove away.

10 hours and thousands of mountain views later I reached San Cristobal de las Casas.


I picked up some extras I'd stored at my SC host's house; here's one last shot of my old "hood"....


....and 1 last shot of the beautiful catedral. That's it for this trip as I fly home tomorrow - HAPPY TRAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment